1x19 Barriers of Sound
First Aired: Jun. 12, 1983 on NBC
Summary: The Voyagers appear in 1890 in Texas, and find that Dwight Eisenhower's mother is unable to give birth to him because of the absence of a doctor. They are unable to call for help because the telephone doesn't exist! Travelling to 1875 Boston, they try to find what happened to Alexander…
Main Characters in this Episode
- Goof (errors in geography): When the outside of the Salt Lake City airport control tower is seen, clearly marked on the building is "San Francisco".
- Goof (crew or equipment visible): In the street scene where Bogg saves the girl, two guys in blue jeans and t-shirts can be seen in the back ground behind Jeffrey.
- Goof (continuity error): After Jeffery takes back the briefcase with the bomb in it and then begins to fly the plane, another shot of the unconscious passengers shows the briefcase is back with the bomber.
- Goof (anachronisms): In the closing scene outside the farmhouse in 1890, a truck can be seen coming down the hill in the upper right hand corner.
- At one point, Phineas and Mabel Hubbard have a conversation in front of Thiel Hall which was also used as the Hill Valley Courthouse from the Back to the Future movie series, another time traveling franchise. Nick Thiel was a producer and executive story consultant on the series.