First Aired: Sep. 22, 2004 on The CW
Summary: Still troubled by the events surrounding the murder of her best friend Lilly Kane, Veronica Mars returns to Neptune High for the start of her junior year. Veronica has to deal with the wrath of Weevil when she helps the new kid in town, sophomore Wallace Fennel, down from the school's…
Main Characters in this Episode
Veronica Mars: Well, I'm pretty sure you won't be getting your bong back.
Logan: Wrong answer. Would you care to guess again?
Veronica Mars: Clearly your sense of humour.
Logan: Nope. You're usually so good at pop quizzes. No, the correct answer is my car. That's right. My Daddy took my T-Bird away. And you know what I won't be having. Fun, fun, fun.
Duncan Kane: Shut up, Logan.
- Goof (continuity error): The dog, Backup, is white with brown spots in the first season. During season 3, Backup is almost entirely reddish brown.
- Goof (continuity error): During Veronica's flashback of the morning after her rape, she fixes the left strap on her dress. In the next scene her strap is broken again.
- Goof (continuity error): It is critical to the entire storyline that Lily's shoes were in a photo taken the night of the murder. We see the new sheriff holding up the evidence bag on TV in the first episode of season one and the shoes in the bag are flip flops. The rest of the season they are graffiti-ed tennis shoes.
- Goof (continuity error): During the flashback of Lilly's death, Veronica is seen running up behind Keith and then stopping next to him. In the next shot, Veronica is still running over.
- Goof (continuity error): After Weevil smashes Duncan's friends headlights and hood, Duncan and friends drive off. When Weevil is then talking to Veronica, in the background we can see the car is still parked behind them, but in the next shot it's gone again.
- Amanda Noret, who plays Madison Sinclair, and the girl who plays Shelly Pomroy (who is not a working actress but has appeared in over eleven episodes), are cousins in real life.
- The scene during which Veronica wakes up after being raped was longer and more graphic, and was edited down by the censors.
- In the original pilot, Lilly's body was dumped into a river and found later. The network found this a little too disturbing, especially because it involved Jake Kane disposing of his own daughter's body and had her body be left on the Kane property.
- Rob Thomas was so impressed with Jason Dohring's acting that a scene of a tearful Logan confronting Veronica after Lilly's death was written and cut into the show after the actor was cast.
- The character Piz in season three is named after the director of the pilot episode of Veronica Mars, Mark Piznarski.