First Aired: Oct. 27, 1984 on Syndicated
Season 1 » Episode #07 - S.O.S. Dinobots
Summary: The Autobots are exploring the life of dinosaurs and Wheeljack comes up with the idea of creating robot dinosaurs who will work for the Autobots. With Optimus Prime's approval, Wheeljack and Ratchet create the Dinobots - Grimlock, Slag and Sludge. But it turns out that they are very dangerous and destructive, so Optimus orders their permanent deactivation. Yet they are also the only ones who can help the Autobots when they fall into Decepticon trap.
Who appeared in this episode?
- Goof (continuity error): The position of the Dinobots change between shots in the scene when they are buried by the Autobots. Sludge is even drawn with ribs, even though he doesn't have any.
- Goof (continuity error): In the beginning of the episode, the man whose speech Soundwave is listening to has a hard hat in one shot, but it's gone in the next.
- Goof (revealing mistake): During the Decepticons' assault on the power plant, in one shot the laser blasts coming out of Starscream's null-ray cannon are animated quite a distance away from the actual tip of said cannon. In fact, the rays look like they are being shot out of thin air.
- Goof (continuity error): Grimlock has two drastically different dinosaur-head designs in this episode. He is usually drawn in a very simplistic way with barely any details on his head, however in a couple of close-ups shots, he is drawn almost exactly like his toy, with lots of detailing, making him look quite a bit different from shot to shot.
- Goof (continuity error): The colors of the Dinobot Sludge change from shot to shot. Body parts that should be yellow are sometimes colored gray, especially in hid head-neck region. Also, when the Dinobots get buried, he is drawn with ribs that stick out of his sides, making him look like a real corpse, rather than a robot.