First Aired: Sep. 10, 1993 on FOX
Summary: Special Agent Dana Scully is partnered with Special Agent Fox Mulder to validate his work in a division called The X-Files. While he is a believer in the paranormal, due to memories in which his sister was abducted by aliens, she is a skeptic and a scientist who prefers to look for…
Main Characters in this Episode
Mulder: Ooh! If you were that high, what?
Scully: Mulder, you could've shown that kid a picture of a flying hamburger and he would've told that's *exactly* what he saw.
Deep Throat: Mr. Mulder, THEY'VE been here for a long, long time.
- Goof (revealing mistake): When Mulder and Scully are confronted on the road by two cars full of government/military personnel. The guys in suits force Mulder and Scully out of their car and disarm them. One of the government agents takes Scully's pistol from her and removes the magazine. Slots in the magazine show how many bullets are in it, and it is clear that Scully only had one bullet in her gun.
- Goof (continuity error): When Scully is asleep in the car and a UFO (presumably) flies overhead, the glass shatters in the back. However, later, when Mulder and Scully are being detained by the "National Security" guys, the back windshield is shown intact.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): When narrating her field report at the end, Scully says that she "can cooperate Mulder's account" of the UFOs at the base. She means "corroborate", not "cooperate". A later shot of her computer screen shows that she typed "corroborate" correctly.
- Through out the X-files series there were a great number of scenes were shot at Burnaby, British Columbia's Simon Fraser University. It was often the site of outdoor meetings between Mulder and Deep Throat. It also doubled many times as a military compound.
- The house used for the exterior shots of the Budahas residence would also become Frank Black's yellow house in Millennium and Cassie Blake's in The Secret Circle.
- Principle setting: Southwest Idaho.
- The license plate number investigated by Scully is CC-1356. Chris Carter was born on 13 October 1956. Scully's file number for the case, DF-101364, also contains a 10/13 reference.
- When Scully is examining the newspaper on microfiche, the name of the reporter is listed as C. Carter.