First Aired: Nov. 15, 2005 on The WB
Summary: Sam continues to have haunting dreams and convinces Dean to return home for the first time. There, the brothers have to deal with painful memories, but their feelings are put on hold when the current residents experience the same phenomena that Sam had dreamed about. But before they can…
Main Characters in this Episode
Missouri Moseley: Well what're you waitin' for, boy? Get the mop!
Missouri Moseley: And don't cuss at me!
John Winchester: Mary's spirit, do you really think she saved the boys?
Missouri Moseley: I do. [John touches his wedding ring]
- Goof (continuity error): When the child is released from the child pen and the fridge opens, the child climbs into the fridge for his bottle of juice only to have the fridge door close behind him. You can see the child lock being locked by the spirit but when the child's mother returns to find him in the fridge the child lock is not on.
- Goof (continuity error): In "Phantom Traveler" Sam and Dean listen to their father's answering machine and Dean's cell phone number is given. Here in "Home" Dean leaves his father a message but the number given in the recording is different than in the earlier show.
- Goof (continuity error): When Sam is being choked by the lamp cord by the poltergeist, the lamp on the floor behind his head continues to jump from right beside his head, to being very far away in the background.
- Goof (crew or equipment visible): When Sam and Dean are talking about going back to their childhood house, Dean says he promised himself he would never go back. On the closeup of Dean, he is turned to the side but looking toward Sam (the audience). His microphone wires are sticking out of the top of the back of his collar against his neck.
- SPOILER: First real appearance of Dean and Sam's dad (excluding counting the "past" when they escaped the house).
- In the promotional material for this episode, this episode was called as "The Journey Home".
- The Cymbal-banging monkey is a reference to Stephen King's novel "The Monkey", first published in 1980.
- Sam tells Sairie the exact words that his dad told Dean when their mother died.