1x16 Shuttlepod One
First Aired: Feb. 13, 2002 on UPN
Main Characters in this Episode
Sub-Commander T'Pol: I think it's a lovely name. Mal-kom is the Vulcan word for 'serenity'.
Lt. Reed: Well then - perhaps I won't change it. Pity, though; I was rather growing fond of the name... 'Stinky'.
Lt. Reed: Ruby? You don't mean the waitress Ruby?
Commander Tucker: You knew Ruby?
Lt. Reed: Uh... I knew her more times than I can remember.
Commander Tucker: Ouch!
- Goof (continuity error): After Trip finishes downs his first drink, he sets his glass on the deck next to a step next to the bench he'd been sitting at. The next shot of the glass has it on the step, about 6" from the edge. Finally, after he lights the candle, he reaches for his glass, which is still on the step, but only 2" from the edge.
- Goof (factual errors): Trip states that he took the advanced medical course at the academy and learned that hair and nails continue to grow long after death. This old wives tale has long been disproved. It originates from the fact that tissues contract after death, not that growth continues.
- Goof (continuity error): When Malcolm and Trip are drinking straight from the bottle of bourbon, the scene starts with the bottle about half full. The two men take a total of 3 swigs, then the fluid is nearly empty in the bottle.
- Goof (continuity error): After Trip pours two glasses of bourbon, he sets the bottle on the floor right next to the side bench he was sitting at. After he gets up to give Malcolm his glass, he returns to the bench, but the bourbon bottle is now in the center of the floor.
- Goof (continuity error): After handing Malcolm his glass, Trip downs all of his drink. Then, after lighting the candle, he grabs his glass, which now has about 1/2 oz of bourbon. Finally, when he raises a toast, there's two fingers of bourbon in his glass, without him having refilled it.
- As possible species he and Reed could be running into, Tucker names the Vulcans, Klingons, Suliban, Andorians and Xyrillians. Those are all the (warp-capable) species Enterprise has encountered on several occasions during its mission so far, and had extended - and for Tucker possibly more memorable - contact with.