4x01 Falling Into Place
First Aired: Jun. 13, 2004 on HBO
Summary: Still battered from his bar fight, Nate turns to Brenda for comfort following the terrible news that Lisa's body has been found and identified. In the middle of the night, a bereft Nate reaches for Brenda and the pair share a brief, misguided sexual encounter, which leads to awkwardness the…
Main Characters in this Episode
Russell Corwin: Just give me a second, okay? Just give me a second to get used to the idea of living with this for the rest of my life.
Claire: Are you fucking kidding me?
Russell Corwin: No, I'm not kidding you, Claire! It's fucking sad! It's fucking sad and it's fucked up. I mean, did you cry? Did you?
Claire: [indignant] I cried more than you have ever cried in your whole life.
Russell Corwin: [breaks down] Then give me a fucking second to feel bad about this, okay? Just a motherfucking second!
David: I think you should.
Officer Keith Charles: No, I mean it this time. Everybody in security is a fuckin' asshole.
Nate: Lisa's dead.
David: Ohhhh shit!
Nate: Her body washed up near Carpinteria a few days ago. Some kids found it.
Nate: It took the lab till yesterday to figure out it was her.
David: Do they know what happened?
Nate: She drowned.
David: She just... drowned?
Nate: That's what they said. No evidence of anything else.
Officer Keith Charles: But she could swim, right?
Nate: Yeah, it just looks like she drowned.
Nate: So I have to go to the coroner up there and get her.
David: I'll come with you.
Claire: Nate, what happened to your face?
Nate: I got it in a fight.
George Sibley: [Ruth and George enter the kitchen] Good morning, morning glories! I hope we didn't keep any of your folks up last night. [They see Nate]
David: They found Lisa's body. She's dead.
Ruth: Oh Lord! I'm sorry. [Cuddles Nate]
Nate: So am I. So am I.
- SPOILER: One of two episodes to show a death in the opening teaser occurring before the year the episode was set (it identified the past of ashes from a 1970s corpse used as a decoy for other ashes).
- George's backstory - of having 6 wives - is the same as writer Craig Wright's father.
- This is the only episode of the fourth season that doesn't feature Sprague Grayden as Claire's friend, Anita.
- Claire is looking at a book of photographs by Nan Goldin when she talks with David in her room.
- The Sim game that Arthur is seen playing while Ruth and George noisily make love was created specially for the show.