6x19 An American Girl in Paris (Part Une)
First Aired: Feb. 15, 2004 on HBO
Summary: Before leaving for Paris, Carrie runs into Big and tells him that she wants him out of her life. After one last dinner with the girls, Carrie leaves for Paris. In New York, Samantha speaks at a breast cancer benefit and Charlotte goes to Carrie's in search of an adoption recommendation, but…
Main Characters in this Episode
Carrie: Yes, the tears have to go. Right. Someone say something not sentimental.
Samantha: Chemo might have kicked me into early menopause.
Miranda: Task accomplished!
Samantha: You would not BELIEVE the hot flashes! I can barely keep my clothes on!
Carrie: Really? What was your excuse before the chemo?
Samantha: [lovingly] Oh, I'm gonna miss you, you cunt.
Miranda: Wow, even "cunt" didn't stop her!
Miranda: [after the girls all look at each other for a long moment] Go get our girl.
- Goof (continuity error): When Mr. Big is meeting Charlotte, Miranda, and Samantha in the coffee shop, his part moves from being parted on the right when he walks in, to the left when he is sitting at the table.
- Carrie's white coat is ripped under the left sleeve. This is visible when she goes out for dinner with the girls before leaving for Paris and on "Part Deux", when she returns home from Paris.
- The Versace couture "Dress of a Thousand Layers" that Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker) wore has a retail price of $79,000.
- During Samantha's speech at the benefit dinner, the women who stand and take off their wigs in solidarity are all real-life cancer survivors.
- In the UK, 4.71 million viewers tuned in to the two-part finale on Channel 4, surpassing sixth season's average of 2.9 million viewers. Moreover, the finale won the 10:35pm hour slot, beating Friday Night with Jonathan Ross (UK) which received 2.9 million viewers on BBC One.
- This episode did not finish shooting until the Wednesday before it aired in hopes of fooling the press and not spoiling the ending for viewers.