1x05 Part 5
First Aired: Jan. 30, 1996 on BBC One
Summary: Elizabeth meets Darcy's younger sister, Georgiana. Then news comes that Lydia has eloped with Wickham, and the Bennets fear she is lost. Darcy decides to help Lydia - but without telling the Bennet family or Elizabeth.
Series Main Characters
Guest Stars[no credits found]
Mrs. Bennet: Oh, fetch my smelling salts, I feel my faintness coming on me again.
Mary Bennet: But we must stem the tide of malice, and pour into each other's wounded bosoms the balm of sisterly consolation.
Mrs. Bennet: I blame those Forsters. There must have been some great neglect on their part, for she is not the sort of girl to do this sort of thing if she had been properly looked after.
- Goof (continuity error): When Darcy first introduces his sister to Elizabeth, the position of his hands changes between shots as he's telling Elizabeth that Bingley is around and wishes to meet her too.
- Goof (continuity error): As they are arriving at Lydia's marriage, there are two men driving the carriage. One begins to get off to help them out of the carriage and then in the next shot they are being helped out of the carriage by Mr. Gardner. In the final shot in the scene there is only one driver - and no other in sight.
- Goof (audio/visual unsynchronized): Bingley's praise "Absolutely marvelous" for Lizzy's recital at Pemberley is out of sync.
- The white gown with black polka dots worn by Susannah Harker (Jane Bennet) in Pride and Prejudice (UK), is the same costume worn by Olivia Williams (Jane Fairfax) in Emma 1996, Rosamund Stephen (Henrietta Musgrove) in Persuasion (UK) (2007), and Tanya Samuel in "The Regency House Party" (2004).
- The pink v-neck gown trimmed in mauve Susannah Harker (Jane Bennet) wears during the outdoor scene at Longbourn when Jane and Elizabeth learn the contents of Uncle Gardiner's letter to Mr. Bennet is the same costume Samantha Bond (Mrs. Weston) wears to dinner at Hartfield in Emma 1996. The costume is also worn by Larushka Ivan-Zadeh Griaznov in "The Regency House Party" (2004).
- The white muslin gown with three-quarter-length sleeves Jennifer Ehle (Elizabeth Bennet) wears during the outdoor scene at Longbourn when Jane and Elizabeth learn the contents of Uncle Gardiner's letter to Mr. Bennet is the same costume Victoria Hopkins wears in "The Regency House Party" (2004). The same costume is also worn by an extra at the London party where Annabella Milbanke meets Byron in Byron (2003) (TV), and by Tamzin Merchant (Georgiana Darcy) in Pride & Prejudice.
- The green and white striped Spencer with scalloped sleeves worn by Susannah Harker (Jane Bennet) is the same one worn by Sally Hawkins (Anne Elliot) in Persuasion (UK) (2007).