1x19 The Diamond
First Aired: Feb. 04, 1967 on CBS
Summary: A dictator, Prime Minister Henrik Durvard, has taken a rare diamond from a local tribe and plans to use it to finance his operations. The team rig up an elaborate fake diamond-duplicating machine to convince Durvard to give them the original.
Main Characters in this Episode
- Goof (factual errors): In the London hotel room as Barney and Willy prepare to swap the real diamond for the fake, Barney unscrews a US style power socket from the wall, totally unlike ones used in the UK even in the 1960's!
- Goof (errors in geography): As Cinnamon and Prime Minister Durvard travel in the Rolls Royce supposedly through the streets of London. They are driving on the right side of the road, in England they drive on the left. The road markings are noticeably not found on UK roads, and as they pass through a junction there's a bright red 'Don't Walk' US pedestrian crossing sign clearly visible.
- Goof (revealing mistake): The oft proclaimed "perfect diamond" has occlusions visible under simple magnification (possibly "bubbles" in the glass or plastic prop since they are at least consistent and so most likely not dust)
- Goof (revealing mistake): Barney (Greg Morris) has to work close to wall near the opened electrical outlet to maneuver the "claw" mechanism during the scene when he and Willy (Peter Lupus) switch the diamonds in the adjacent hotel room. Because of this, a large smear develops on the wall next to the open electrical outlet where his head rubbed against the wall, revealing that super secret agent Barney wears makeup.
- Goof (crew or equipment visible): As Barney is maneuvering the mirror with the 'reacher claw' you can see a quick glimpse of the studios large square lights reflected in the mirror.
- The car Willy and Barney are driving when they "steal" Cinnamon's diamonds is a Morris Minor 1000 Tourer Convertible.