First Aired: Jan. 13, 1976 on CBS
Summary: A jeep accident finds an injured Hawkeye babbling to a Korean family constantly, in order to stay awake and alert.
Series Main Characters
- Goof (continuity error): The exterior and interior of the Korean shack don't match up.
- Goof (anachronisms): Hawkeye impersonates Olivier's "Richard III" but unless he saw Olivier in London or in Australia on the stage he couldn't have known his performance. The film "Richard III" was released in 1955 (and the Korean War finished in 1953).
- This episode is known as a bottle episode, wherein events take place in as few sets as possible to save money.
- Hawkeye mentions that he had a private practice in Boston when he was mustered into the Army Reserve.
- Even though the rest are credited, Alan Alda is the only regular actor who appears in this episode. This is also the only episode of the series to only feature one character.
- Throughout the episode, Alan Alda is the only one to speak lines in English. No other English speaking cast members were present.
- Hawkeye is injured avoiding kids in his jeep. This episode takes place at a Korean family's home, and does not show one scene in an operating room as per Alan Alda's contract.