1x12 Whatever The Case May Be
First Aired: Jan. 05, 2005 on ABC
Summary: Jack, Kate and Sawyer fight over possession of a newly discovered locked metal briefcase which might contain insights into Kate's mysterious past. Meanwhile, Sayid asks a reluctant Shannon to translate notes he took from the French woman. A rising tide threatens to engulf the fuselage and…
Main Characters in this Episode
Sawyer: You better find yourself a runway, daddy, 'cause there ain't a lock I can't pick.
Rose: Am I?
Charlie: You look happy.
Rose: Well, I guess I must be then.
Charlie: There's no reason to be happy. Things are awful.
Rose: They're not that awful.
Charlie: We're stranded on an island. Nobody's coming for us.
Rose: You don't know that.
Charlie: Well, what I do know is there's something in that jungle that eats people. Just because we haven't heard from it in a few weeks doesn't mean it won't get hungry again. And I know there's a person or people that are trying to hurt us and ...
Rose: Charlie! Nobody blames you.
Rose: For what happened to Claire. It's not your fault. You did everything that you could do and you came very close to dying yourself.
Charlie: Yeah. Maybe I should've died.
Rose: You know what I think, Charlie? You need to ask for help.
Charlie: Who's going to help me?
- Goof (continuity error): When Kate undresses to get in the lagoon, her hair is braided. When she's swimming and emerges from the lagoon, her hair is loose.
- Goof (continuity error): When Boone talks to Shannon about his and Locke's whereabouts, the symbol on Boone's shirt disappears completely when he kneels beside her.
- Goof (continuity error): After Sawyer drops the Haliburton out of the tree onto the rocks below, it clearly settles in a different spot from where Kate snatches it up a moment later.
- Goof (continuity error): When Sawyer tells Kate "It's my knee, I'll tell you how bad it is!" his hair is relatively dry and disheveled. In the next shot (showing a wider angle of both characters), it's wetter and hanging almost straight down.
- Goof (continuity error): The position between shots of the pink blanket wrapped around Shannon changes when she's sitting next to Sayid.
- (Episode #1.12), Shannon describes having been in France and seeing a children's animated movie about "computer fish" that ends with the song "La Mer" (known as "Beyond the Sea" in English). Although Shannon doesn't know the name of the movie, it is clearly Finding Nemo, although the French dub of Finding Nemo, like the original American movie, ended with Robbie Williams's English cover of "Beyond the Sea" instead of the French source. This show and Finding Nemo are both products of the same parent company, Disney. On the DVD region 2 release (Eurpoe/france) the french track does have the french version of Beyond The Sea, this may have only been changed on the DVD release as Williams recorded a french language version for a disc being released of combined hits for a international market, and so may not have been available for a theatrical release.
- When Kate is in the bank vault the safety deposit box she opens is 815 the same as the flight number (Oceanic 815).