3x07 Against All Enemies
First Aired: Nov. 04, 1997 on CBS
Summary: International tensions mount as Harm, Mac and Bud board an aircraft carrier in the Sea of Japan to investigate the accidental shooting down of a North Korean civilian airline by Navy jets. While negligence on the part of the Navy fliers is indicated, Harm and Mac uncover evidence of a spy…
Main Characters in this Episode
- Goof (continuity error): Over the radio the Reprisal tells the salvage vessel they will provide air cover until surface units reach them in ten hours. Only seconds before, the Time to Intercept countdown read 08:47.
- Goof (factual errors): When Harm and Mac are looking at the "missile rail" for the AMRAAM it clearly was a Triple Ejector Rack (TER) which does not hold missiles.
- Goof (factual errors): While true that many non-rated personnel, those who have not yet made pay grade E-4, are assigned to mess cook duty when going to sea, they do not serve in the officer's ward room. They serve in the crew's mess and the CPO (Chief Petty Officer) mess. The ward room is staffed by culinary specialists and stewards.
- The USS Reprisal (CV-59) is actually the USS Forrestal (CV-59), the U.S.'s first super carrier. Forrestal was decommissioned 11 Sep 1993. Stock footage of other carriers, such as USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN-71) also make appearances.
- The North Korean "MiGs" are Northrop F-5Ns, formerly of the Swiss Air Force, used by the US Navy to simulate MiG-21s for "aggressor" training.