4x27 The Dancing Star
First Aired: May. 02, 1955 on CBS
Summary: This time Lucy doesn't mess things up when she enters a dance contest with Van Johnson as her partner.
Main Characters in this Episode
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): Though the mirror routine seems perfect, Lucy does make one error: she honks the horn with the wrong hand.
- Lucille Ball and Harpo Marx had previously appeared in the Marx Brothers film Room Service for RKO. By this time, what was formerly RKO Studios was now owned by Lucy and Desi Arnaz and renamed Desilu Studios.
- Harpo was advised by his doctors not to do the show, because he was coming off heart surgery.
- Though it looks like one continuous shot, it is actually several shots spliced together, because Harpo kept changing the routine.
- After filming, Harpo stayed around to play the harp, while Vivian Vance sang.