First Aired: Oct. 22, 1951 on CBS
Season 1 » Episode #02 - Be a Pal
Summary: Lucy tries to be Ricky's pal to improve their marriage.
Who appeared in this episode?
- Goof (continuity error): Ricky reads the same newspaper two mornings in a row.
- Goof (crew or equipment visible): When Lucy and the guys play poker, you can hear a crew member cough very clearly.
- Before this show, in which Lucille Ball lip-synchs to a record of Carmen Miranda singing "Mama Yo Quiero", Lucy asked Miranda for permission to impersonate her.
- Rosalind Russell and Teresa Wright were in the studio audience when this episode was filmed. After the show, they posed for a photograph with Desi and Lucy, who was still wearing her "Carmen Miranda" costume. The picture appears in "The I Love Lucy Book" by Bart Andrews (II).
- This episode is based on an episode of Ball's radio show "My Favorite Husband" also titled "Be a Pal".