1x03 Occam's Razor
First Aired: Nov. 30, 2004 on FOX
Summary: Brandon is 22-year old male, who ends up passing out after having rowdy sex with his fiancée. He complains of abdominal pain, nausea and suffers from fever and low blood pressure. House and Foreman test out their theories however after a dangerous drop in white blood cells they must find a…
Main Characters in this Episode
Dr. Allison Cameron: Do you know what the human body goes through when you have sex?
Dr. Allison Cameron: Pupils Dilate, arties constrict, core temperature rises, heart races, blood pressure sky rockets, respiration becomes rapid and shallow, the brain fires bursts of electrical impulses from nowhere to nowhere, secretions spit out of every gland, and muscles tense and spasm like your lifting 3x your body weight. It violent, it's ugly, and it's messy, and if god hadn't made it unbelievably fun, the human race would have died out ions ago.
Jerry Morris: How did you...?
Dr. Gregory House: You've been here for half an hour and you haven't sat down; that tells me its location. You haven't told me what it is; that tells me it's humiliating. You have a little birdie carved under your arm; that tells me you have a high tolerance for humiliation, so I figure it's not hemarrhoids. I've been a doctor twenty years, you're not going to surprise me.
Jerry Morris: It's an MP3 player.
Dr. Gregory House: Is it... is it because of the size, the shape, or is it the pounding bass line?
- Goof (revealing mistake): While doing catheterization, the doctor sees the cardiac monitor and says there is an "ectopic" (ectopic beat), which means one premature beat followed by a long pause which would look like the the distance between the pulse peak would be irregular. If you watch carefully you can see that the pulse is regular and no sign of ectopic beat.
- Goof (audio/visual unsynchronized): The sounds in the video game Dr. House is playing do not match up with the actual game.
- Goof (factual errors): House says that sinusitis and hypothyroidism covers all the symptoms of the patient, but rash is not a feature of both these conditions.
- Goof (continuity error): The lines on the board while circling the patient's symptoms.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): When a patient asks House what he is doing, he replies, "level 4." The game he is playing is Metroid: Zero Mission. The way the game works is that the main character, Samus, travels in and out of various areas, guided by mysterious statues that tell her what to do. There are no such things as "levels". In addition, the area he is currently in is Brinstar, the starting area for the game.
- On the coffee machine in the team's bullpen, the inscription reads "Good Coffee - cheaper than Prozac".
- SPOILER: Diagnosis: He was mistakenly given a gout medication (Colchicine) for his original sore throat.