1x02 Don't Look Back
First Aired: Oct. 02, 2006 on NBC
Summary: Los Angeles police officer Matt Parkman is working crowd control at a murder scene when he alone begins to hear the muffled cries of a little girl somewhere in the house. Claire's heroism brings her unwanted attention. Peter comes closer to learning the truth about his and Nathan's powers.…
Main Characters in this Episode
Mohinder Suresh: I like that you didn't use the word 'paranoid'.
N.Y. Detective: October Two? No, pal. Today, November Eight.
Hiro Nakamura: November- No, October!
- Goof (continuity error): Mohinder's apartment, Tina's house and the Bennets' house are all rather different sets than in the previous episode. In particular, the Bennets seem to be much wealthier now.
- Goof (factual errors): When Hiro is walking in downtown Manhattan, he passes a Carl's Jr restaurant sign. Carl's Jr. is a fast food chain located on the west coast. On the east coast, it is named "Hardee's"
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): Eden calls a flash drive a hard drive.
- Goof (factual errors): While the detectives are arresting Hiro in Isaac's apartment, they hear the explosion before the shock wave hits, but the shock wave would travel faster than sound.
- When Parkman is stood by the pool at the crime scene there are floating objects in the pool in the shape of the Heroes helix. Also Peter's picture that he drew in the hospital has the Heroes helix in the top right corner.
- Ando has a missing person poster of Hiro in his office when he was called by the New York detectives. The picture of Hiro provided for the poster is a promotional image of Masi Oka's character for the series.
- When Niki is watching the video of her stripping for the Linderman guys, the voice over the part where she is lifting her shirt says "that's the way I like it". On the pilot episode when that scene was shot, the same voice says "look at that belly".