First Aired: Sep. 20, 1968 on CBS
Season 1 » Episode #01 - Cocoon (1)
Summary: Steve McGarrett investigates the drowning death of a close friend. The clues lead him to a foreign agent and a mysterious white powder.
Who appeared in this episode?
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): At about 45 minutes in, Chin Ho reports, "Same green convertible" but it is really a red convertible.
- Goof (errors in geography): After Victor Reese walks past Joyce Weber on the cruise ship, which was shown just previously as being at sea, you can see over Joyce Weber's shoulder that they are sitting in port with a moored ship and dock crane in the background.
- Goof (continuity error): When McGarrett is briefing Joyce on her assignment in back of the car, they are being followed by a blue 1968 Ford LTD. Moments later it has changed to a black 1966 Ford Galaxie.
- This episode marks the debut of James MacArthur as Danny "Danno" Williams, in the Pilot the role was played by 'Tim OKelly.
- Full Fathom Five refers to a song sung by Ariel in the Shakespere play "The Tempest" Kevin McCarthy gives a rendition of it at the beginning of the episode after he dumps the body of the widow overboard.
- Coincidentally three of the actors who played primary characters in this early episode of Hawaii Five-O all died within a very short time span of each other: Kevin McCarthy (Victor Reese) on September 11, 2010, James MacArthur (Danny Williams) on October 28, 2010 and Patricia Smith (Joyce Weber) on January 2, 2011.