1x06 If Tomorrow Never Comes
First Aired: May. 01, 2005 on ABC
Summary: The interns are speechless when a woman comes in with a large, record-breaking tumor, but unfortunately for the woman, her outlook isn't good. Derek and Meredith's jobs are at risk now that Bailey knows about their relationship, and Dr. Bailey makes it clear that Derek better not give…
Main Characters in this Episode
Dr. Derek Shepherd: Yeah?
Dr. Meredith Grey: Sorry I called you a jackass.
Dr. Derek Shepherd: You didn't.
Dr. Meredith Grey: I did... twice
- Goof (continuity error): When Christina leaves the break room after hitting it off with Burke, she gets dressed and immediately opens the door, which she had deliberately locked after entering in the previous episode.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): In the scene when the patient with the large tumor is crashing in the OR, one of the men who is part of the surgical team also plays "Joe the Bartender" later on. He says the the line "pressures dropping".
- Goof (continuity error): When Izzie has to open Mr. Harper's sternotomy bedside, they show her for a split second on the left side of the bed wearing a yellow gown, then they show her on the right side of the bed wearing her scrubs and lab coat.
- Every episode of the show is named after a famous song. "If Tomorrow never comes" is a song by Ronan Keating.
- While the surgeons are operating on Annie, the tumor patient, and she starts bleeding out, the camera goes to a male scrub nurse who says "pressure's dropping." If you look closely at him, he's played by the same guy who plays Joe the bartender.