2x22 New York
First Aired: May. 24, 2011 on FOX
Summary: New Directions heads to Nationals to compete in the ultimate singing showdown.
Main Characters in this Episode
Rachel Berry: That guy did seem crazy. He swiped my credit card through his butt crack.
Sam Evans: This is your shot, dude. If I was in love with a girl and wasn't homeless, I'd totally go for it.
- Goof (continuity error): In the scene where Blaine and Kurt are talking over coffee, the view of the back of Blaine's head shows his hand is flat on the side of his face. The view of the front of his face shows his hand in a curled position.
- Goof (continuity error): At the end when Britney and Santana are having their heart to heart talk, Britney's bangs keep moving from being down along her face to being brushed back on her head.
- Goof (continuity error): When Brittany and Santana are talking by the lockers Brittany's fringe alternates between being pinned back and hanging loose.
- Goof (continuity error): When Brittany is talking to Santana near the end of the episode, her side bangs keep switching for being tucked behind her ear to hanging loosely down the side of her face.
- The music playing over the first scene, in which Rachel stands in Times Square thrilled to be in New York City, is from George Gershwin's 1924 composition "Rhapsody in Blue." Although Gershwin wrote a great deal of classic Broadway music, this piece is more often performed by symphony orchestras; its association with New York City and Broadway instead comes from its use in the opening montage of New York scenes in Woody Allen's movie Manhattan.