3x02 The Box
First Aired: Sep. 30, 2010 on FOX
Summary: The story alternates to the Fringe Team "over here" where they investigate a mystifying case that people are discovered in a trance-like state that ultimately leads to their death. The unlikely suspect: a mysterious box. As Peter and Walter collaborate to study its properties, alternate…
Main Characters in this Episode
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): The little man asks Thomas Newton "Will there be any renumeration?" instead of "remuneration."
- Goof (continuity error): Walter removes a frying pan from on top of a Bunsen burner. In the very next shot, it is back above the burner.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): Astrid says there were five victims at the first crime scene, but there were six (two criminals and four family members).
- Goof (continuity error): Walter places the frying pan on the lab table when discussing the machine but in the next shot it is back over the bunsen burner.
- The running joke of Walter having difficulty remembering Astrid's name is used again. This time he calls her "Aspirin".
- When Walter Bishop is explaining to Peter and Astrid how music affects brainwaves, he uses two different songs: the classical one, as shown, from Mozart's "Marriage of Figaro". The "disturbing" rock song is, however, the main theme of the 80s TV series Miami Vice.