6x01 Blue Harvest
First Aired: Sep. 23, 2007 on FOX
Summary: When the power goes out in the Griffin home, Peter decides to educate his family and pass along the greatest story ever told, the story of Star Wars! After Princess Leia (Lois) comes under siege by Darth Vader (Stewie) and his evil Storm Troopers, C-3PO (Quagmire) and R2-D2 (Cleveland)…
Main Characters in this Episode
Chris (Luke Skywalker): Well, stay here and rot, you stuck-up bitch!
Peter (Han Solo): A nickel for every time I had that problem.
- Goof (revealing mistake): When Peter and Chris are getting the couch out of the trash compactor, Brian and Lois are standing on top surface of the garbage water.
- Goof (continuity error): A cloud appears in front of one of Tatooine's twin suns too quickly (possibly a deliberate error since the same thing happens in the actual movie.)
- Goof (continuity error): During a light saber duel between Obi Wan (Herbert) and Darth Vader (Stewie), Darth Vader uses a red light saber. After killing Obi Wan, Darth Vader is seen with a blue light saber as stormtroopers fire on the Millennium Falcon as it departs. In the next shot that shows Darth Vader, he is again holding a red light saber.
- Goof (continuity error): After the light saber duel between Herbert (Obi Wan) and Stewie (Darth Vader), Brian (Chewbacca) and Peter Griffin (Han Solo) run out with the couch. When they are arguing with each other on how to get the couch into the Millennium Falcon, the laser blasts are actually going the wrong way. The Storm Troopers are on the right of them firing to the left, but the the laser blasts are coming from the left of them and going right. You can clearly see there wasn't any Storm Troopers on the left of them as they were running to the ship.
- The DVD release included a second disc which featured a "digital backup presentation" which could be used to put the feature on a computer, and therefore be uploaded to digital entertainment devices like iPods. While this feature has become common now for new DVD releases, it was unheard of when the DVD of Blue Harvest came out.
- Mark Hamill pulled out of doing a DVD commentary in protest over Peter's line about how Harrison Ford was the only actor whose career wasn't destroyed by Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope.
- At the end, Peter and Chris argue over a similar episode of Robot Chicken. Seth Green, the voice of Chris, is the co-creator, director, and producer of "Robot Chicken". Seth MacFarlane, creator of Family Guy and voice actor for Peter even appeared in the Robot Chicken parody.
- Among the aliens in the cantina scene is Coach McGuirk from the animated series Home Movies, Bender from Futurama and Roger the alien from American Dad!.
- According to the DVD commentary, archival footage was used of Leslie Nielsen's lines from Airplane! because he was apparently "too expensive."