7x05 The Angels Take Manhattan
First Aired: Sep. 29, 2012 on BBC One
Summary: New York 2012 and New York 1912, a hundred year gap, with something scarily in common, something unnatural, and whatever you do - do not blink.
Main Characters in this Episode
Amy Pond: Hello, old friend, and here we are. You and me, on the last page. By the time you read these words, Rory and I will be long gone. So know that we lived well, and were very happy. And above all else, know that we will love you, always. Sometimes I do worry about you, though. I think once we're gone, 'you won't be coming back here for a while, and you might be alone, which you should never be. Don't be alone, Doctor. And do one more thing for me. There's a little girl waiting in a garden. She's going to wait a long while, so she's going to need a lot of hope. Go to her. Tell her a story. Tell her that if she's patient, the days are coming that she'll never forget. Tell her she'll go to sea and fight pirates. She'll fall in love with a man who'll wait two-thousand years to keep her safe. Tell her she'll give hope to the greatest painter who ever lived and save a whale in outer space. Tell her this is the story of Amelia Pond. And this is how it ends.
The Doctor: I always rip out the last page of a book. Then it doesn't have to end. I hate endings!
- Goof (continuity error): Whilst River Song's wrist is gripped by the Angel, the position of the statue's grip changes between shots.
- Goof (factual errors): The Statue of Liberty is shown with the current "Gold" torch, but the story takes place in 1938. The Gold torch wasn't added to the statue until the renovations between 1984 and 1986.
- Goof (continuity error): When the Doctor tears the page from the book, he puts it in the basket twice.
- Goof (continuity error): The hands on the angel in the graveyard change place depending on whether the shot is from the front or from the back.
- SPOILER: Final appearances of Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill.
- SPOILER: In "God Complex" (S06E11), the Doctor leaves Amy and Rory behind in their new house to protect them, remarking, "What's the alternative? Standing over your grave?", which is unfortunately exactly what happens at the end of "The Angels take Manhattan".
- Zac Fox is credited as playing the Photoshoot PA but there is no trace of him in the story at all.
- The music in the background as Amy and Rory are falling from the Winter Quay to create a paradox is either the exact same or reminiscent of Series 3's Blink (Suite) score from the episode Blink.
- The mother and son statues that turn into angels are identical to the Pioneer Woman statue located in Ponca City, OK.