7x04 The Power of Three
First Aired: Sep. 22, 2012 on BBC One
Summary: The Doctor and the Ponds puzzle an unlikely invasion of Earth, as millions of sinister black cubes arrive overnight, almost like presents falling from the sky. But what are they, what’s inside them and most importantly, who sent them? With the international community at a loss, it’s…
Main Characters in this Episode
Amy Pond: No, no - I mean, we haven't made a decision...
The Doctor: But you're considering it.
Amy Pond: Maybe. I don't know. We don't know. Well, our lives have changed so much. There was a time, there were years when I couldn't live without you. Um, when just the whole every day thing would drive me crazy. But since you dropped us back here, since you gave us this hiatus, you know, we've built a life. And I don't know if we can have both.
The Doctor: Why?
Amy Pond: Because, they pull at each other. Because they pull at me and the traveling is starting to feel like running away.
The Doctor: That's not what it is.
Amy Pond: Oh come on, look at you - four days in a lounge and you go crazy.
The Doctor: I'm not running away. But this is one corner in one country in one continent in one planet that's a corner of a galaxy that is a corner of a universe that is forever growing and shrinking and creating and destroying and never remaining the same for a single millisecond. And this is so much, SO MUCH, to see, Amy. Because it goes so fast. I'm not running away from things. I'm running to them before they flare and fade forever. That's all right. Our lives would never remain the same. They can't. One day, soon maybe, you'll stop. I've known for a while.
Amy Pond: Then why do you keep coming back for us?
The Doctor: Because you were the first. The first face this face saw. And you were seared onto my hearts, Amelia Pond. Always will be. I'm running to you and Rory before you... fade from me.
Amy Pond: Don't be nice to me. I don't want you to be nice to me.
The Doctor: Yeah you do, Pond. And you always get what you want.
- Goof (crew or equipment visible): When The Doctor vacuums the living room and Amy lifts her legs up in the sofa, you can clearly see the microphone transmitter in her back trouser pocket.
- Goof (revealing mistake): The cubes are meant to be completely identical and with 'no flaws' to their perfect cubic nature whatever. Just after the soldier's enter, the doctor picks up a cube and plays about with it, tossing it and turning it over in his hands. At the last moment of the shot, a dent and a line, possibly from tape meant to keep the cube together, can clearly be seen at the top of one of the cubes.
- SPOILER: This was the last episode filmed with Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill. The last scene shot was of their characters entering the TARDIS with the Doctor. When the doors closed behind them, all three actors hugged each other and began to cry.
- Despite playing the main villain of the story Steven Berkoff only has 8 lines.
- A scene with bomb disposal experts Conroy (Okezie Morro) and Sullivan (Henry Luxembung) was deleted in post.
- Steven Berkoff was required for three days of filming.
- The emphasis of the story was heavily altered in post with a huge chunk of the Sharki scenes being removed .