6x20 Hanley Waters
First Aired: Apr. 06, 2011 on CBS
Summary: The BAU members investigate targeted killings in Tampa as they cope with their feelings about losing Emily Prentiss.
Main Characters in this Episode
Derek Morgan: [voiceover] poet Antonio Porchia wrote, "Man, when he does not grieve, hardly exists."
David Rossi: Your child enters and leaves your life on the same day. That's one hell of a stressor.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): After showing the shooter the revolver and reviewing the gun laws with her, the gun store owner goes to help another customer and leaves the revolver on the counter. A gun store owner would almost certainly return the gun to the display case and lock it rather than leaving it out, unlocked, and unattended.
- Goof (factual errors): The owner of the gun shop asks the woman if she has a license to own a firearm. Also, later in the episode, mention is made of the woman's husband having a registered .38 revolver. The state of Florida does not register firearms, nor are you required to have a license to own one.
- Goof (incorrectly regarded as a mistake): When the shooter hears the announcement about the shootings over the radio in her car, the radio is tuned to 98.1 FM. There is no radio station at 98.1 FM in Tampa, but this is deliberately fake (just like the 1-800-555-0140 hotline in this episode).
- The location of the restaurant where the birthday party is at, which is actually a pizza parlor, is in Glendale, CA.
- Allan Graf, who plays a gun store owner, also has performed stunts on "Criminal Minds" in other episodes as well as this one.