1x22 The Woman in Limbo
First Aired: May. 17, 2006 on FOX
Summary: As Brennan works to identify the remains of a Jane Doe, she is shocked when she finds that the remains are that of her mother who went missing with her father 15 years ago. The unexpected news that her mother is dead hits Brennan hard, but leads Booth to open an investigation into the case…
Main Characters in this Episode
Angela Montenegro: This...
Angela Montenegro: ...totally freaked her out.
Zack Addy: [Booth starts dialing on his cell phone] My theory: caffeine intolerance.
Special Agent Seeley Booth: [speaking into his phone] Yeah. You're gonna want to take Dr. Brennan off the witness list today... No. She can't make it into court. Thanks.
Angela Montenegro: All right. What's going on?
Special Agent Seeley Booth: That... is Christine Brennan.
Dr. Daniel Goodman: Good God.
Special Agent Seeley Booth: You just found Bones' mother.
Vince McVicar: How can I possibly attack her?
Special Agent Seeley Booth: I'll decide what is and *isn't* an attack- like say, a hiccup.
- Goof (errors in geography): When Brennan asks Booth where he found her brother, Booth says "Morehead City, NC." Morehead City is a coastal town without a permanent amusement park. There are various amusements, but no park. Thus the sound design would need to include general coastal sound effects. Morehead City is also 6 hours from Washington D.C. Since Booth and Brennan travel to meet Russ in the late evening at the end of the episode, it would have been the middle of the night or the early morning by the time they reached Morehead City.
- Goof (revealing mistake): When Brennan plays the message from her father, while the answering machine is clearly hooked up, there is no read out on the LCD screen on the phone, indicating that the phone itself is not hooked up.
- Goof (continuity error): Zach states that Brennan joined the Jeffersonian in 1998, putting her there approximately 8 years. However, in episode 8, Dr. Goodman mentioned that he only hired her two years ago.
- Goof (continuity error): In the fourth chapter, the movie ticket shown from 9/22/93 for the movie 'The Fugitive' there is a discrepancy. All dates except for the biggest one of the ticket read 4/22/93 instead of 9/22/93. Even the date for the time that the ticket was printed.
- Goof (factual errors): The movie ticket for "The Fugitive" found on the body of Dr. Brennan's mother has a very visible "R" rating stamped on it. "The Fugitive" was rated PG-13.