William R. Moses
Nov. 17th, 1959
Los Angeles, California, USA
William R. Moses' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - The Derby Stallion
1998 - Wicked
1994 - Trial by Jury
1988 - Alien from L.A.
1988 - Mystic Pizza
Guest TV Roles
William Remington Moses was born on November 17th, 1959 to actress Marian McCargo and business man Richard Cantrell Moses Sr.
William's parents divorced when he was a young boy. His mother met and married Alphonzo E. Bell, Jr. in 1970. Alphonzo adopted Billy and his three brothers. Alphonzo later became one of the most loved congressman of California. Growing up on in a citrus farm in Ojai, California, he was not interested in showbiz until he met his brother Rick Moses's agent. William began with a commercial for Sprite. William's first movie opportunity came in Choices (1981). Shortly after that, his big break came - he read and won for the part of "Cole Gioberti" in the prime time series "Falcon Crest" (1981). He stayed there for 5 seasons.
He also guest-starred in episodes of "Fantasy Island" (1978), "The Love Boat" (1977), Finder of Lost Loves (1984) (TV), "Hotel" (1983) and "Battle Of The Network Stars" (1983-1985). He excelled at the latter because of his athletic skills. This is also how he met actress Tracy Nelson (I), daughter of rock legend Ricky Nelson (I) and 'Kristin Harmon (I)'. They were married on romantic Catalina Island in July 1987. Soon their beautiful life turned into a nightmare.
A month after the wedding, Tracy was diagnosed with a form of cancer, Hodgkins' Disease. Because of her illness and waiting for her remission, they delayed having a baby. He never once left her side. On August 11, 1992, their daughter, Remington Elizabeth, was born. But this marriage was not meant to be and they were divorced in 1997. William later found who would become the real true love of his life, Sarah. They were married in 2002 and have two beautiful little daughters.
He will probably always be remembered for two most-famous roles, "Falcon Crest" (1981) and in many of the Perry Mason Mysteries series between 1989-1995. He comes from a very good-looking and talented family. His brothers are actor Rick Moses, musician Graham Moses and minister/director Harry Moses and his late mother, Marian McCargo, was a tennis star and actress before becoming a mother and step-mother to seven boys. He also has three stepbrothers whom he loves, too.
- Daughters, Remington Elizabeth & Grace.
- Ex-son-in-law of 'Ricky Nelson (I)' (qv), and 'Kristin Harmon' (qv).
- Son of actress 'Marian McCargo' (qv), brother of actor 'Rick Moses' (qv), minister/director 'Harry Moses' (qv) and musician Graham Moses.
- Ex-brother-in-law of 'Matthew Nelson (I)' (qv), 'Gunnar Nelson (I)' (qv), and 'Sam Nelson (II)' (qv).
- Is of Scottish and Welsh descent
- A former USC basketball star, who was a force to be reckoned with in "Battle Of The Network Stars" in 1982 and 1983.
- Had a recurring role on _"Melrose Place" (1992)_ (qv) as Keith Gray, Alison Parker's ('Courtney Thorne-Smith' (qv)) boyfriend. For ten years, he was married to 'Tracy Nelson (I)' (qv), who also made appearances on the show as Alison's sister Meredith.
Related sites for this celeb