76 (passed away Sep. 28th, 2002)
Feb. 20th, 1926
Eagle Rock, California, USA
Whitney Blake's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles
[no bio found]
- Singer-actress 'Whitney Houston' (qv) was named after her.
- Graduated from Pasadena City School.
- Mother of Richard Whitney (b. November 24th 1944) and Brian Thomas (b. February 18th 1946), both born in Los Angeles, with Tom Baxter.
- Starred in the very first episode of _"Perry Mason" (1957)_ (qv).
- With husband/writer 'Allan Manings (I)' (qv), co-created the popular sitcom _"One Day at a Time" (1975)_ (qv). The show's premise, centered around a single working mom and her kids, was inspired by Blake's experiences as a divorced mother in the 1950s. Ironically, her daughter, 'Meredith Baxter' (qv), later starred as a married sitcom mom in _"Family Ties" (1982)_ (qv).
- Real-life mother of actress 'Meredith Baxter' (qv), with whom she co-starred in the TV-movie _The Stranger Who Looks Like Me (1974) (TV)_ (qv).
- Lovely blonde leading lady originally from the Pasadena Playhouse who appeared in many TV dramas but would be best known for playing the pert and pretty mom ("Mrs. B.") in the sitcom _"Hazel" (1961)_ (qv) starring 'Shirley Booth' (qv).
Related sites for this celeb