Jun. 19th, 1952
Coogee, New South Wales, Australia
5' 10 1/2"
Virginia Hey's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1988 - Un sapore di paura
1987 - The Living Daylights
Guest TV Roles
Born in Sydney, Australia, Virginia Hey spent her childhood in both Australia and London, England. She was discovered at a bus stop and began a career as a fashion model in Australia and Europe. She appeared on the cover of several magazines and soon moved into acting where she starred in television and films in Australia and the UK. Hey got her first big break in _Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior (1981)_ as the Warrior Woman. She was also one of the Bond girls in The Living Daylights (1987), and most recently played the multi award-nominated blue priestess Zhaan in "Farscape" (1999) (1999-2004). She left the show after three years because she wanted to grow her hair and eyebrows again (she was required to shave both for the role), and also for health reasons as the blue make-up took a toll on her well-being and caused her kidneys to bleed and set off a chain of health issues.
Hey is a certified practitioner of natural therapies. She studied Naturopathy, Homeopathy and Herbal Medicine for one year in 1992, became certified in advanced Reiki in 1998 and Meditative healing for 2 years 1998-1999 before Farscape began in late 1999. She is interested in New Age spiritualism and teaches meditation across the USA.
- Was discovered by a modeling agent while waiting at a bus stop in Sydney. She was waiting to catch the bus to go to her art school class.
- She left Farscape in February 2001. Her reason for leaving was that she had shaved her hair and eyebrows for 3 years for her role as "Zhaan", and wished to grow her hair back and regain her health due to the extensive prosthetic make up upsetting her kidneys.
- Certified in natural therapies.
- Former girlfriend of the late 'Michael Hutchence' (qv).
- Appeared in the US in a well-known "Oil Of Olay" television commercial for 10 years in the 1980s, in which she played a schoolteacher who is mistaken by one of her former students as one of his own former classmates. She has appeared in 57 TV commercials in Australia and the UK.