May. 10th, 1959
Portland, Maine, USA
Victoria Rowell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - Home of the Brave
1997 - Eve's Bayou
1996 - Barb Wire
1994 - Dumb & Dumber
1992 - The Distinguished Gentleman
1987 - Leonard, Part 6
Guest TV Roles
Judge Delilah Hawkins
Victoria Rowell an actress, advocate, mother, a former foster child and now a New York Times Bestselling author of The Women Who Raised Me," published by William Morrow/An Imprint of HarperCollins Publishers. The memoir received The African American Literary Award and two NAACP Image Award nominations in the literary category, and she walked away with a statuette for Outstanding Literary Work/Debut Author.
Rowell an Emmy-nominated actress, who co-starred in the hit prime time television series "Diagnosis Murder" (1993) for eight seasons while simultaneously continuing her role as "Drucilla Winters" on the daytime drama, "The Young and the Restless" (1973). Born in Portland, Maine, Rowell was raised in foster care for 18 years. She trained as a dancer for eight years before turning professional and dancing with various companies, including the American Ballet Theater (ABT) II and the Twyla Tharp Workshop. After dancing, she pursued a career in modeling, and graced the pages of Seventeen and Mademoiselle magazines. Modeling led to acting -- she landed a recurring role on the highly-rated "The Cosby Show" (1984). An advocate for foster children like herself, she founded the Rowell Foster Children's Positive Plan in 1990, which enriches the lives of foster children through artistic and athletic expression.
- During the first few years of the run of _"Diagnosis Murder" (1993)_ (qv), Rowell not only appeared on that show but also continued her long running role of "Drucilla" on _"The Young and the Restless" (1973)_ (qv).
- Rowell, who was a foster child, founded the Rowell Foster Children's Fine Arts Scholarship Fund, which provides ballet classes for foster children.
- A professional dancer since the age of 17, Rowell received scholarships to the School of American Ballet, the American Ballet Theatre and the Dance Theatre of Harlem. She later went on to dance with the American Ballet Theatre II.
- Best known by the public for her role as Dr. Amanda Bentley on _"Diagnosis Murder" (1993)_ (qv).
- Ms. Rowell is mother of two children, 'Maya Fahey' (qv) from a previous marriage and Jasper from jazz great 'Wynton Marsalis' (qv).
- Rowell made the decision to use the name "Victoria Rowell" rather than her birth name of "Vicki Lynn Rowell" at the behest of management agents Millie Spencer & Irene Kerney.
- Is a member of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Incorporated