76 (passed away Dec. 14th, 1966)
Jul. 20th, 1890
Salinas, California, USA
Verna Felton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1967 - The Jungle Book
1959 - Sleeping Beauty
1955 - Picnic
1955 - Lady and the Tramp
1952 - Don't Bother To Knock
1951 - Alice in Wonderland
1950 - Cinderella
1950 - The Gunfighter
1948 - The Fuller Brush Man
1941 - Dumbo
Guest TV Roles
Pearl Slaghoople (Voiced)
The Queen of Hearts (Voiced)
Verna Felton had extensive experience on the stage and in radio before she broke into film and television. Her trademarks was her distinctive husky voice and her no-nonsense attitude. She was quite in demand for voiceover work, as evidenced by her roles in Cinderella (1950), Alice in Wonderland (1951) and Lady and the Tramp (1955). She appeared in many films, but is best remembered as Hilda Crocker in the TV series "December Bride" (1954), a character she carried over into its spinoff, "Pete and Gladys" (1960). Verna died in 1966 at 76 years of age of a stroke.
- An important part of her career was doing voice work for Disney. She died on December 14, 1966, the day before 'Walt Disney' (qv) passed away.
- Provided the voices for a number of memorable Disney characters: Flora in _Sleeping Beauty (1959)_ (qv), Elephant Matriarch and Mrs. Jumbo in _Dumbo (1941)_ (qv), Fairy Godmother in _Cinderella (1950)_ (qv), Queen of Hearts in _Alice in Wonderland (1951)_ (qv), Aunt Sarah in _Lady and the Tramp (1955)_ (qv) and Winifred in _The Jungle Book (1967)_ (qv).
- Twice voiced elephants for Disney, in "Dumbo" and the "Jungle Book.".
- Was a very popular radio & television actress.
- Has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- She is related to actress 'Aimee Sapp' (qv).
- Mother of 'Lee Millar (I)' (qv).
Related sites for this celeb