48 (passed away Jun. 14th, 1986)
May. 19th, 1938
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Tony Spilotro's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
[no bio found]
- As a hit man, he is credited with murdering twenty-five persons.
- Nicky Santoro's character from Scorsese's Casino played by Joe Pesci, was inspired by him.
- One of the Outfit's most colorful characters.
- Soldier of the Chicago Crime Family from 1963-1968 and Capo of the Chicago Crime Family from 1968-1986.
- He and his brother, Michael, were called for a meeting on June 14, 1986. The car that picked them up went to an Indiana cornfield. They were beaten and the autopsy showed that they were buried alive. A farmer discovered the grave.
- He often used the name Anthony Stuart and had operated a gift shop in the Circus Circus hotel under that name. Spilotro started his Vegas career at the Circus Circus Casino using it as a base. In 1971, it was owned by 'Jay Sarno' (qv), who purchased it with a $43 million loan from the Central States Pension Fund of the Teamsters Union. Sarno was a former executive at Caesar's Palace.
- He was born the fourth of six sons of honest Italian immigrants. His three brothers Victor, John and Michael later joined him in his criminal activities. As a child, he was involved in petty crimes like shoplifting and purse snatching. He was first arrested at sixteen for trying to steal a shirt.
- Retired FBI agent 'William F. Roemer Jr.' (qv) (deceased) named Spilotro as "piss ant" in his book entitled "Enforcer".
Related sites for this celeb