Feb. 2nd, 1937
New York City, New York, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Tom Smothers' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - The Informant!
2007 - Mr. Warmth: The Don Rickles Project
2007 - Pete Seeger: The Power of Song
2006 - The U.S. vs. John Lennon
2005 - The Aristocrats
1989 - Speed Zone!
1980 - Serial
1979 - The Who: The Kids Are Alright
1968 - Monterey Pop
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Comedian
[no bio found]
- His father Major Thomas Bolyn Smothers, Jr. was a West Point Graduate. He survived the Bataan Death March, and died on a Japanese POW ship. He was buried at sea.
- Tom has a son Thomas IV by his first marriage.
- Children: Bo (b. 1993) and Riley Rose (b. 1996).
- Is a member of the fraternity Phi Sigma Kappa.
- On one of their "Smothers Brothers" television shows, Tom Smothers unintentionally sparked a firestorm of controversy when he innocently said as a joke, "Easter is when Jesus comes out of his tomb, and if he sees his shadow he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
- Older brother of 'Dick Smothers' (qv).
- Tom and his brother, Dick, were born on Governor's Island in New York Harbor. Their father, who was stationed on the military base on that island, moved his pregnant wife there to be close to him.
- Owns Remick Ridge Vineyards in Kenwood, California.
Related sites for this celeb