Feb. 7th, 1985
Westlake, California, USA
Tina Majorino's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - Think Tank
2004 - Napoleon Dynamite
1995 - Waterworld
1994 - Andre
1994 - Corrina, Corrina
1994 - When a Man Loves a Woman
Guest TV Roles
Cindy 'Mac' Mackenzie
Dr. Heather Brooks
Special Agent Genevieve Shaw
Tina Majorino is clearly one of the most talented young actresses to come out of the early 1990s. She starred in three feature films that opened within three months of each other. She began her career by appearing in national television commercials before playing Sophie in the ABC television series, "Camp Wilder" (1992). In 1994, Majorino made her feature film debut starring opposite Meg Ryan (I) and Andy Garcia (I) in Touchstone's When a Man Loves a Woman (1994). She stole audiences' hearts by portraying the other daughter caught in the middle of a family falling apart at the seams because of the disastrous effects of alcohol abuse. Majorino was seen shortly thereafter in Corrina, Corrina (1994), a comedy set in the 1950s about finding love and family in the most unlikely places. She played Molly, the only child of a recently widowed father (Ray Liotta), who finds a helping hand from Corrina (Whoopi Goldberg), an unconventional housekeeper who uses a combination of charm and sensitivity to help the family adjust to their new lives. In her follow-up to Corrina, Corrina, Majorino starred in Andre, a film based on a true story of a harbor seal who journeyed from Boston to Maine for 23 years every summer to visit Toni (Majorino), the only child who helped rescue him. Majorino played the role of Enola, along-side of Kevin Costner, Jeanne Tripplehorn and Dennis Hopper in Waterworld. Enola was a young girl who had the map to dry land on her back. She was being fought over by the Smokers and the The Drifters. At the time, she was just turning ten. After completing the film, Alice In Wonderland (1999) in which she portrayed Alice, Majorino decided to take a break from acting. A five year break to be exact. At the tender age of 13 Majorino disappeared from the screens to finish school and spend time with her family. Napoleon Dynamite (2004) has marked the return of the young starlet. The surprise smash hit blew into theaters in 2004, and continues to entertain audiences around the world becoming one of the top grossing independent films and earning it the new title of "Cult Classic." In Napoleon, Majorino portrays "Deb", a quiet, shy, boondoggle door-to-door salesman (because she's "trying to earn money for college") who quickly befriends Napoleon and his hilarious Mexican side-kick Pedro. Upon meeting Deb, Napoleon starts crushing hard. Who wouldn't? Majorino's portrayal as the sweet sincere Deb melts all of our hearts. Majorino has aspirations to produce, direct, write, and design in the very near future.
- Was voted #42 on the E! Networks "50 Cutest Child Stars All Grown Up".
- Met _"Veronica Mars" (2004)_ (qv) creator 'Rob Thomas (II)' (qv) when she e-mailed him at thirteen years old about a report she had to write on one of his books. They eventually met and vowed to work together. When Majorino returned to acting five years later in _Napoleon Dynamite (2004)_ (qv), Thomas wrote her the role of computer geek Mac in "Veronica Mars."
- Celebrity Judge for UCLA Spring Sing 2005
- Enjoys surfing and running.
- Performs several songs on the _Alice in Wonderland (1999) (TV)_ (qv) album.
- Parents: Sarah and Bob Majorino
- Once in a band - The AM Project
- Just like her character Mac on _"Veronica Mars" (2004)_ (qv), she is a techno geek- she owns 5 computers. She adores playing "Mac", especially because of the constant hair color changes!