Feb. 11th, 1934
New York City, New York, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Tina Louise's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1997 - Welcome to Woop Woop
1985 - O.C. and Stiggs
1977 - The Kentucky Fried Movie
1975 - The Stepford Wives
1969 - The Wrecking Crew
1959 - Day of the Outlaw
1958 - God's Little Acre
Guest TV Roles
Wilma (segment "Love and the Lady Athlete")
Mysterious Woman (Voiced)
A former model and nightclub singer, red-haired beauty Tina Louise trained at the Actors Studio and the Neighborhood Playhouse. After her success in the Broadway musical "Li'l Abner", she went to Hollywood and played in a variety of films, but is best known for her comic turn as the sexy, Marilyn Monroe-ish stranded movie star Ginger in the long-running TV series "Gilligan's Island" (1964).
- "People walk up to me and say: 'Are you Ginger?' and I say: 'No. I'm Tina.' I do that to keep my sanity."
- Although she is most associated with playing Ginger in _"Gilligan's Island" (1964)_ (qv), she detests the role and has not appeared in any of the series' various reunion specials. According to 'Russell Johnson (I)' (qv), Tina was told she would be the main star of the show when she was initially approached about doing it, and when she arrived in Los Angeles after accepting the offer, she found out otherwise. Johnson also recalls that while Tina remained professional throughout the show's run without raising a fuss, she "divorced herself from the show as soon as it went off the air".
- She attended Miami University in Ohio, and trained at the Neighborhood Playhouse and the Actors Studio.
- Her Broadway debut was in "Li'l Abner," where she played Apassionata Von Climax. She shared her dressing room with another actress making her Broadway debut in the same play - 'Julie Newmar' (qv).
- Mother of 'Caprice Crane' (qv).
- Created a health care company, "TLC" and marketed a parasol for women to keep the sun off their skin.
- She and fellow _"Gilligan's Island" (1964)_ (qv) cast member 'Dawn Wells (I)' (qv) have both been asked to appear together in numerous television ad campaigns over the years. However, the two actresses have never liked each other and have not spoken in years. They have turned down many of these offers. The most notable one was a commercial for Old Navy clothing stores, which would feature them as Mary Ann and Ginger, still stuck on the island.
- Measurements: 37-24-36 (as a 1950s starlet), 38-23-37 (during _"Gilligan's Island" (1964)_ (qv)), (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)