Jul. 3rd, 1962
Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Thomas Gibson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - I'll Believe You
2005 - Berkeley
2000 - The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas
2000 - Stardom
1999 - Eyes Wide Shut
1994 - Sleep With Me
1994 - Men of War
1994 - Barcelona
1993 - The Age of Innocence
1992 - Far and Away
Guest TV Roles
Paul Mornay (Voiced)
Thomas Gibson began his acting career at the age of ten when he took part in children's theater. Gibson performed and studied with the Footlight Players at the Dock Street Theater and starred in his first play in 1973. Six years later, Gibson attended the College of Charleston and interned at the Alabama Shakespeare Festival. He was soon encouraged to apply to the famous Julliard School and ended up winning a scholarship to go there. He pursued his studies and graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree. Gibson made his professional stage debut in 1985 in David Hare (I)'s A Map of the World. In 1992, he got his big break when asked to star in Far and Away (1992). He has also appeared on television in "The Kennedys of Massachusetts" (1990), Armistead Maupin's "Tales of the City" (1993) for PBS, and in the NBC mini-series "A Will of Their Own" (1998). He currently resides with his wife, Christine Gibson (I), and his new baby boy, born on June 23.
- Was born on the same day as 'Tom Cruise' (qv). The two appeared together in both _Eyes Wide Shut (1999)_ (qv) and _Far and Away (1992)_ (qv).
- Son James Parker Gibson (born June 23rd 1999).
- Daughter Agatha Marie Gibson (born April 28th 2004).
- Is a very good golfer.
- Currently resides in San Antonio, Texas, his wife's hometown.
- Son Travis Carter Gibson (born July 1st 2002).