Nov. 22nd, 1940
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Terry Gilliam's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2003 - Breakfast with Hunter
2002 - Lost in La Mancha
1985 - Brazil
1985 - Spies Like Us
1983 - The Crimson Permanent Assurance
1982 - Monty Python Live At The Hollywood Bowl
1979 - Monty Python's Life of Brian
1977 - Jabberwocky
1975 - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Guest TV Roles
[no bio found]
- Raised in Los Angeles.
- He and 'John Cleese' (qv) are the only members of 'Monty Python' to be nominated for Oscars. Coincidentally, they were both for Best Original Screenplay, Gilliam for _Brazil (1985)_ (qv) and Cleese for _A Fish Called Wanda (1988)_ (qv). Both screenplays did not win their Oscars, and both films featured 'Michael Palin' (qv).
- Was offered the chance to direct Troy (2004). He stopped reading the script 5 pages in and declined the offer.
- _The Fisher King (1991)_ (qv) was the first film that he directed in which he was not involved in writing the screenplay.
- Directed a series of TV ads for Nike in 2001. They were part of The Scorpion Knockout Campaign, which featured some of the best soccer players on the globe. That campaign went to win a Cannes award in 2002, in the category of Best TV Campaign.
- Was slated to direct an adaptation of the novel "Good Omens" by 'Neil Gaiman' (qv) and 'Terry Pratchett' (qv). The project languished in development for three years before finally being abandoned.
- Born in Minnesota, he is the only non-British member of the Monty Python comedy troupe
- Member of the jury at the Cannes Film Festival in 2001.