May. 29th, 1957
Bellaire, Ohio, USA
Ted Levine's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Shutter Island
2007 - American Gangster
2007 - The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
2006 - The Hills Have Eyes
2005 - Memoirs of a Geisha
2005 - The L.A. Riot Spectacular
2004 - The Manchurian Candidate
2004 - Birth
2003 - Wonderland
2002 - The Truth About Charlie
2001 - The Fast and the Furious
2001 - Ali
2001 - Evolution
1999 - Wild Wild West
1997 - Mad City
1997 - Switchback
1997 - Flubber
1996 - Bullet
1995 - The Mangler
1995 - Heat
1993 - Nowhere to Run
1991 - The Silence of the Lambs
1990 - Love at Large
1989 - Next of Kin
1988 - Betrayed
1987 - Ironweed
Guest TV Roles
Nazi Lieutenant (Voiced)
Dave 'Eddie' Powers
Born in Bellaire, Ohio, in May, 1957, he was among the last graduating class of the Windsor Mountain School in Lennox, Massachusetts. Attended Marlboro College in Vermont. Performed in summer stock and regional theatres in Vermont, Michigan and West Virginia before settling in Chicago and joining The Remains ensemble. Levine worked on stage at Remains, Wisdom Bridge, and The Goodman and Steppenwolf theaters throughout the 1980s before he began working in television and film.
- Ran for mayor in Omaha, Nebraska. On the ballot, his name read "Acting Sensation Mayor Ted Levine."
- He was nominated for a 1996 Joseph Jefferson Award for Actor in a Supporting Role in a Play for "Buried Child" at the Steppenwolf Theatre Company in Chicago, Illinois.
- Has worked with both Clarice Starlings. He appeared in _The Silence of the Lambs (1991)_ (qv) with 'Jodie Foster' (qv) and, ten years later, he appeared in _Evolution (2001)_ (qv) with 'Julianne Moore (I)' (qv), who played Clarice Starling earlier that year in _Hannibal (2001)_ (qv).
- Like _"Sex and the City" (1998)_ (qv) star 'Chris Noth' (qv) ("Mr. Big"), he attended Marlboro College in Vermont for a time in the 1970s.
- After his terrifying turn as "Buffalo Bill" in _The Silence of the Lambs (1991)_ (qv), he's had some trouble getting parts other than sadistic psychopaths. He generally tries to choose parts more along the lines of ordinary family men and unfriendly co-workers to get away from the creepy shadow of "Buffalo Bill".
- Has worked with two Jack Crawfords. Prior to appearing in _The Silence of the Lambs (1991)_ (qv) with 'Scott Glenn' (qv), he appeared in the television series _"Crime Story" (1986)_ (qv), produced by 'Michael Mann (I)' (qv) and starring 'Dennis Farina' (qv), who played Jack Crawford in _Manhunter (1986)_ (qv). Also featured in this series was 'Stephen Lang (I)' (qv), who played Freddy Lounds in _Manhunter (1986)_ (qv).
- The voice of Chris Griffin in _"Family Guy" (1999)_ (qv) is based on him.
- Has an adult daughter named Melissa and a teenage son named Mac.