Oct. 15th, 1955
The Bronx, New York, USA
Tanya Roberts' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1993 - Sins of Desire
1991 - Inner Sanctum
1990 - Night Eyes
1985 - A View to a Kill
1984 - Sheena
1982 - The Beastmaster
1979 - Tourist trap
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Interviewee
Officer Britt Blackwell
Tanya Roberts came from modest beginnings in the Bronx, New York, the daughter of a pen salesman (Irish) and a mother (Jewish) who were divorced before she reached high school. Tanya dropped out of high school at age 15, got married and hitchhiked around the country until her mother-in-law had the marriage annulled. She met psychology student Barry Roberts (I) in New York while waiting in line to see a movie. A few months later she proposed to him in a subway station, and they were married. She studied acting under Lee Strasberg and Uta Hagen. In her early years in New York she supported herself as an Arthur Murray (I) dance instructor and by modeling. She appeared in off-Broadway productions of "Picnic" and "Antigone" and in television commercials for Ultra Brite, Clairol and Cool Ray sunglasses. In 1977 Tanya and her husband--now a scriptwriter--moved to Hollywood. She began appearing in such made-for-TV films as Pleasure Cove (1979) (TV), Zuma Beach (1978) (TV) and Waikiki (1980) (TV). Her film debut was in Forced Entry (1975). After appearing in several minor films, her first big break came when she was selected as an angel (the last) for "Charlie's Angels" (1976) in its final season, and was featured on the cover of "People" magazine (2/9/81). The attention she garnered as the newest Charlie's Angel helped secure her most significant film parts: The Beastmaster (1982) (and posed for the cover and an inside spread in "Playboy" to promote the film), the title role in Sheena (1984) and as a "Bond" girl in A View to a Kill (1985). She continues to appear in films, though mainly direct-to-video and direct-to-cable features. She is featured in the CD computer game The Pandora Directive (1996) (VG) and had a recurring lead role in the TV series "That '70s Show" (1998).
- She took 5 years of voice training to get the Bronx out of her voice.
- Her sister, Barbara, was married to 'Timothy Leary' (qv) for 15 years.
- She auditioned for the role of "Kate Roberts" in the soap opera Days Of Our Lives in 1995 though the role went to Lauren Koslow.
- Sister of 'Barbara Chase (I)' (qv)
- Measurements: 34B-21-34 (on _"Charlie's Angels" (1976)_ (qv)), 36-21-34 (shooting _Sheena (1984)_ (qv)), (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Has the unique distinction of having been both a Bond Girl and the last of the original Charlie's Angels.