Feb. 25th, 1966
New York City, New York, USA
Téa Leoni's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - You Kill Me
2005 - Fun with Dick and Jane
2004 - Spanglish
2004 - House of D
2002 - Hollywood Ending
2001 - Jurassic Park III
2000 - The Family Man
1998 - Deep Impact
1996 - Flirting with Disaster
1995 - Bad Boys
1994 - Wyatt Earp
1992 - A League of Their Own
1991 - Switch
Guest TV Roles[Complete List]
Elizabeth Téa Pantaleoni was born in New York, February 25, 1966. Her father, Anthony Pantaleoni, was a corporate lawyer and her mother, Emily Patterson, was a dietitian and nutritionist. She attended but did not complete studies at Sarah Lawrence College. She started out in acting as Lisa DiNapoli in "Santa Barbara" (1984) in 1989 and followed up with small roles in Switch (1991) and A League of Their Own (1992).
In 1992 she starred in the short-lived sitcom "Flying Blind" (1992). In 1994 she appeared in Wyatt Earp (1994) opposite Kevin Costner and The Counterfeit Contessa (1994) (TV) opposite D.W. Moffett. In 1995 she starred opposite Will Smith (I) and Martin Lawrence (I) in the popular film Bad Boys (1995). She also had a guest appearance on "Frasier" (1993) that same year.
She appeared in many successful films after that, such as Flirting with Disaster (1996), Deep Impact (1998), The Family Man (2000), Spanglish (2004), You Kill Me (2007) and most recently, she starred in the film Ghost Town (2008) opposite Greg Kinnear.
Tea has been married twice. First to television commercial producer Neil Joseph Tardio Jr. from 1991 to 1995. Secondly to actor David Duchovny, with whom she had two children: Daughter Madelaine West Duchovny (born April 24, 1999) and Son Kyd Miller Duchovny (born June 15, 2002). They married in 1997 and announced in October 2008 that they are separated.
- Graduated from the Putney School in Putney, VT in 1984.
- Her husband 'David Duchovny' (qv) called her for his "Phone a Friend" lifeline when he appeared on _"Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" (1999/I)_ (qv). When she couldn't offer him any help in regards to the question, she simply told him; "You're screwed, honey".
- Raised in Manhattan.
- Her grandmother, 'Helenka Adamowska' (qv) Pantaleoni, co-founded what would become the US Fund for UNICEF in 1947 and served as its President for 25 years. Téa, herself, has served as a Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF since 2001.
- Auditioned for a _"Charlie's Angels" (1976)_ (qv) remake role (as a dare) and got the part. A writer's strike in Hollywood meant the series was never made, but the pre-publicity was enough to get Tea noticed.
- Grand-niece of 'Hank Patterson' (qv).
- Appears in _A League of Their Own (1992)_ (qv), with 'Geena Davis' (qv). Her husband, 'David Duchovny' (qv) played Davis's ex-husband 'Jeff Goldblum' (qv) on Saturday Night Live.
- Was considered for the role of "Rachel" on _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv) (1994-2004).
Related sites for this celeb