Jul. 6th, 1946
New York City, New York, USA
5' 9 1/2
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
Frank the Repairman
Elmore 'Rocky' Caddo
Det. Rick Daly
Himself - Host
Paul Revere (Voiced)
Sylvester Stallone became one of Hollywood's highest paid actors, usually playing monosyllablic, antisociety, underdog heroes. While Stallone has attempted to extend his range into film comedies and drama, his real box office success continues in action films.
- Turned down the role of John McClane in _Die Hard (1988)_ (qv). The part went to 'Bruce Willis' (qv) instead.
- Along with 'Bruce Willis' (qv), he is a staunch supporter of the Republican party.
- Oddly, 1994 was one of the few years he was not nominated for an acting Razzie Award, even though he had appeared in both _Cliffhanger (1993)_ (qv) and _Demolition Man (1993)_ (qv), which had been nominated, with "Cliffhanger" receiving a nomination for Worst Screenplay, which Stallone had written himself.
- Listed as one of the top heroes of all time by the American film Institute (AFI) on 2003, he listed seventh behind 'Gregory Peck' (qv), 'Harrison Ford (I)' (qv), 'Sean Connery' (qv), 'Humphrey Bogart' (qv), 'Gary Cooper (I)' (qv) and 'Jodie Foster' (qv).
- Publicly endorsed Senator 'John McCain (I)' (qv) as his choice for Republican candidate in the 2008 presidential election.
- Attended the first inauguration of President 'George W. Bush' (qv) along with other long-time Republican supporters 'Chuck Norris' (qv) and 'Robert Duvall' (qv). (January 20th 2001)
- (October 1997) Ranked #92 in Empire (UK) magazine's "The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time" list.
- He was a manager for the 'Lee Canalito' (qv) vs. Curtis Whitner Boxing Match on his 36th birthday in July 6th, 1982, at the Tropicana Hotel & Casino, Atlantic City, NJ. His brother 'Frank Stallone (I)' (qv) was a corner man for Canalito in this match.