Nov. 2nd, 1942
Hollywood, California, USA
Stefanie Powers' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1979 - Escape to Athena
1974 - Herbie Rides Again
1972 - The Magnificent Seven Ride!
1970 - The Boatniks
1966 - Stagecoach
1964 - The New Interns
1963 - McLintock!
1963 - Palm Springs Weekend
1962 - Experiment in Terror
Guest TV Roles
Helen (segment 'Love and the Particular Girl')
Stefanie Powers, a graduate of Hollywood High, is a veteran of over 200 television appearances as well as the star of ABC's '80s hit "Hart to Hart" (1979). At the early age of 15, Stefanie was signed to a movie deal with Columbia Pictures and labeled as one of the brightest up-and-coming stars in America. After a relatively short stint in films, Stefanie took a break from Hollywood for almost five years. When she returned, she focused her acting talents on television with over 100 guest appearances in a few years. In addition to her international fame as Jennifer Hart, Stefanie was also the star of such TV series as "The Girl from U.N.C.L.E." (1966), "The Feather and Father Gang" (1977), and "Maggie". Her marriage to actor Gary Lockwood (I) (of 2001 fame) in 1966 ended in 1972. In 1974, Stefanie formed a friendship with actor William Holden (I). Through many similarities and interests, their relationship blossomed into one of romance that lasted until the sudden death of Holden in 1981.
Stefanie is also President of the William Holden (I) Wildlife Foundation, Director of the Mount Kenya Game Ranch, an international speaker on wildlife preservation, and spokesperson for AVID Microchip Technology and works with both the Cincinnati Zoo and Zoo Atlanta. Stefanie finished in the off-Broadway play "Applause!" and was signed to be hostess of the new cable channel Romance Classics. As of November 1999, Stefanie was still heavily involved with her true passion, the William Holden Wildlife Foundation, as well as many other philanthropic causes. She has also lent her support to many internet projects, including Expedia's Mungo Park, A Doctor in Your House, and Interactive Travel. She has also worked on a series of PBS shows teaching women about finance called "Funding Your Dreams". Her latest movie project, "Someone is Watching," is in limited television release in Europe and the United States.
- Has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- In same ballet class as a youngster with 'Natalie Wood (I)' (qv) and 'Jill St. John' (qv), the three women all had long term relationships with 'Robert Wagner (I)' (qv).
- Is fluent in six languages.
- Deaths of companion 'William Holden (I)' (qv) and good friend 'Natalie Wood (I)' (qv) occurred within days of each other in November '81.
- Good friend of 'Brenda Vaccaro' (qv) and 'Angie Dickinson' (qv).
- Has an older brother, Jeff.
- Attended Hollywood High School with 'Linda Evans (I)' (qv).
- Met 'Robert Wagner (I)' (qv) on the set of _West Side Story (1961)_ (qv) prior to being let go from the cast (Jet girl) because she was too young (15).