Oct. 26th, 1936
New York City, New York, USA
Shelley Morrison's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2004 - Shark Tale
1997 - Fools Rush In
1989 - Troop Beverly Hills
1973 - Breezy
1969 - Mackenna's Gold
1966 - Castle of Evil
Guest TV Roles
Mrs. Portillo (Voiced)
Despite remaining on the periphery of character stardom all these years, New York-born character actress Shelley Morrison has had a long and varied career since the early 60s. She started out on TV in such popular shows as "The Farmer's Daughter" (1963) and "Laredo" (1965), making a career out of an assortment of ethnic roles. In films she played Indian squaws in Three Guns for Texas (1968) and Mackenna's Gold (1969), as well as minor Hispanic roles in Castle of Evil (1966), Man and Boy (1972) and Troop Beverly Hills (1989). While most people remember her with fondness as the adorably shy but spirited "Sister Sixto" who had problems mastering English (Shelley did in real life as well, as Spanish is her native language) in "The Flying Nun" (1967) starring Sally Field, today's audiences have been relishing her turnabout performance as the vinegary El Salvadorean housekeeper, "Rosario", the only character who doesn't mince words with Megan Mullally's socialite boss in another sitcom "Will & Grace" (1998). Shelley's acting roots are firmly entrenched in the theatre, having performed, produced and directed hosts of plays over the years in Los Angeles, New York and abroad. Dampening the enjoyment of her renewed TV success, however, has been recent battles with cancer which is now in remission.
- Has appeared in over 65 plays and has guest-starred in over 150 television series.
- She had to learn English phonetically.
- Married to non-fiction writer 'Walter Dominguez (I)' (qv); together they have been honored for their work providing for the homeless and low-income families.
- Multi ALMA award nominee for her work on _"Will & Grace" (1998)_ (qv).
- Following the 'Winona Ryder' (qv) shoplifting scandal, Shelley was arrested for the same offense at a Robinsons-May store.
- Shelley is a Sephardic Jew of Hispanic decent.
- A breast and lung cancer survivor.
- Appeared with her _"Will & Grace" (1998)_ (qv) co-star 'Debra Messing' (qv) in an episode of _"Prey" (1998)_ (qv): "Revelations". While Messing was a steady member of the cast, Morrison only had a guest-starring role.
Related sites for this celeb