Shawn Doyle (i)
Wabush, Newfoundland, Canada
Shawn Doyle (i)'s Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Whiteout
2001 - Don't Say A Word
2001 - The Majestic
2000 - Frequency
1996 - The Long Kiss Goodnight
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Isaac Felt
Insp. Ray Denton
Det. Brad Auerbach
Born and raised in Newfoundland, Canada, Shawn Doyle has become a familiar face to audiences, turning out critically acclaimed performances on both the big and small screen.
With his move to Los Angeles in 2005, Shawn quickly amassed an impressive list of credits with recurring roles on "Desperate Housewives" and "24', and guest-star roles on "C.S.I.", "Lost", "Numbers" and "Blind Justice". Presently, he continues his series regular role as Joey in the Golden Globe-nominated hit series "Big Love" on HBO.
Prior to moving south, Shawn starred in the critically-acclaimed Canadian series "The Eleventh Hour" and received the 2002 ACTRA Award and a 2004 Gemini (Canadian Emmy) Nomination, both for Outstanding Male Performance In A Leading Role, and a 2005 Gemini Nomination for Outstanding Performance In A Guest-starring Role. Most recently he starred opposite Mary Louise Parker in the CBC/BBC movie "Robber Bride", which garnered him a Gemini Award for Outstanding Male Performance In A Dramatic Program Or Miniseries. Other Canadian television credits include "The City"(Gemini Nom.), "Scar Tissue", "A Killing Spring"(Gemini Nom), "Criminal Instincts", "Peacekeepers", and the miniseries "Dieppe". He will soon be starring in the upcoming CBC miniseries, "Guns".
Shawn's film credits include the upcoming "Whiteout", "Sabah", "Don't Say A Word", "Frequency", "The Majestic", "Knockaround Guys" and "Mount Pleasant".
On stage, Shawn has performed in a long list of plays, both contemporary and classical. His most recent outing in Carol Churchill's "A Number" earned him the 2006 Dora (Canadian Tony) Award for Outstanding Male Performance.
- Married to actress Allegra Fulton. Has one son, Rhys.
- Spent much of his youth hanging out in the high-school gym, watching Dad rehearse any number of plays.
- Cousin is the well-known Canadian singer Damhnait Doyle. Spent much of his early career as a Fight Choreographer/Teacher.
- Born in Wabush, a mining town in Northern Canada. Father began an amateur drama group that traveled the world, representing Canada at festivals.
- Moved to Toronto to study theatre at York University.