Jul. 22nd, 1992
Grand Prairie, Texas, USA
Selena Gomez's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Ramona and Beezus
2008 - Horton Hears a Who!
2003 - Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Musical Guest
Herself - Performer
Selena Marie Gomez was born to Mandy Cornett and Ricardo Gomez on July 22, 1992 in New York City, New York. At a young age, she moved from New York to Grand Prairie, Texas. Giving birth to Selena at 16, her mom Mandy recalls living "paycheck-to-paycheck". Selena started out on "Barney & Friends" (1992) as "Gianna" in 2001 where she really discovered her talent. Unfortunately, they dropped her from the series after just two years. In 2003, she had a very small role in the movie Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over (2003) and a bit part in 2005 when she played "Julie" in Walker, Texas Ranger: Trial by Fire (2005) (TV) with Mitchel Musso and in 2006 as "Emily Grace Garcia" in Brain Zapped (2006) (TV) when she recorded a song for the movie. She she guest starred as "Gwen" in "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" (2005) and as Hannah's rival, the 'evil' "Mikayla", in "Hannah Montana" (2006). Selena's amazing talent landed her roles in two Disney series, both spin-offs. Unfortunately, neither show was picked up until 2007 when she got the role of "Alex Russo" in the magical series "Wizards of Waverly Place" (2007) which she auditioned for three times. In March 2008, she made her first animated movie Horton Hears a Who! (2008) and later starred in Another Cinderella Story (2008) with Disney Channel star Andrew Seeley for ABC Family. Her two Disney Channel Original Movies Princess Protection Program (2009) (TV), with real-life BFF Demi Lovato, and Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie (2009) (TV) will both air Summer 2009.
- Both her family and 'Fernanda Romero (II)' (qv) are from the same town in Mexico.
- Has a YouTube show with her best friend 'Demi Lovato' (qv) called "The Demi and Selena Show".
- She enjoys cheerleading, surfing and skateboarding.
- She took part in Disney Channel's Earth Day celebration.
- Is an only child.
- Her name 'Selena' means Moon in Greek.
- She became interested in acting after watching her mom, 'Mandy Cornett' (qv).
- Has a song written and sung about her on YouTube called "Selena Gomez" by Greg Kurka.