Oct. 9th, 1954
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Scott Bakula's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - The Informant!
2001 - Life as a House
1999 - American Beauty
1998 - Major League: Back to the Minors
1997 - Cats Don't Dance
1995 - Lord of Illusions
1995 - My Family
1994 - Color of Night
1991 - Necessary Roughness
Guest TV Roles
Jeff 'Papa Jeff' Hunter
Elbegast the Robber Knight (Voiced)
Scott Bakula came from a musical family. In the fourth grade, he started a rock band and wrote songs for them. Later, he sang with the St. Louis Symphony. He studied Law at the University of Kansas. In 1976, he was first hired professionally in the role of Sam in "Shenandoah" and went to New York. After several small roles on TV, he made "Quantum Leap" (1989).
He won a Golden Globe in 1992 for Best Performance by an Actor in a TV series - Drama for "Quantum Leap" (1989) and was nominated for a Tony award in 1988. Today, he lives in Los Angeles and has a farm in upstate New York.
- His father-in-law ('Chelsea Field' (qv)'s father) once sold a horse to 'William Shatner' (qv).
- Children: 'Chelsy Bakula' (qv) (b. 1984), Cody (b. 1991 - adopted) with Neumann; Wil (b. 1995) and Owen (b. 1999), with Field.
- Has starred in five different series which were canceled: _"Gung Ho" (1986)_ (qv), _"Eisenhower & Lutz" (1988)_ (qv), _"Quantum Leap" (1989)_ (qv), _"Mr. & Mrs. Smith" (1996)_ (qv) and _"Enterprise" (2001)_ (qv).
- His 1988 Tony nomination was as Best Actor (Musical) for "Romance/Romance," written by 'Barry Harman' (qv). The winner in that category that year was 'Michael Crawford (I)' (qv) for "Phantom of the Opera," Scott was not the producers' first choice for the role but was chosen after 'Armand Assante' (qv) turned it down. When Scott left "Romance/Romance" to do _"Quantum Leap" (1989)_ (qv), he was replaced by 'Barry Williams (I)' (qv) for the remainder of the show's Broadway run.
- Appeared on the cover of the March 1995 issue of Playgirl Magazine. In the interview inside, illustrated with several photos of Scott baring his hairy chest, he stated that he wouldn't have a problem doing a nude scene in a movie.
- Ran the Los Angeles Marathon on March 6, 2005 in 4 hrs 10 mins 41 secs.
- Has speculated (half jokingly) that Jonathan Archer's middle name is Beckett. This is in reference to Dr. Sam Beckett, the character Bakula portrayed on _"Quantum Leap" (1989)_ (qv).
- Member of the Phi Gamma Delta fraternity.