Samuel L. Jackson
Dec. 21st, 1948
Washington, District of Columbia, USA
6' 2 1/2"
Guest TV Roles
Ad Narrator (Voiced)
The Mayor (Voiced)
Samuel L. Jackson
Samuel L. Jackson usually played bad guys and drug addicts before becoming an action hero, as the character Mitch Henessey, in The Long Kiss Goodnight (1996) and in Die Hard: With a Vengeance (1995). From character player to leading man. His performance in Pulp Fiction (1994) gave him an Oscar nomination for his character Jules Winnfield. He was active in the black student movement. In the seventies he joined the Negro Ensemble Company (together with Morgan Freeman (I)). In the eighties he became well known by three movies made by Spike Lee - Do the Right Thing (1989), Mo' Better Blues (1990) and Jungle Fever (1991). He received a Silver Berlin Bear for his part in the movie Jackie Brown (1997) as Ordell Robbi.
- During filming of _Black Snake Moan (2006)_ (qv), grew close with co-star 'Christina Ricci' (qv). The two remain good friends to this day.
- Daughter - 'Zoč Jackson' (qv) (b. 1982).
- (October 1997) Ranked #44 in Empire (UK) magazine's "The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time" list.
- Grew up in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Has publicly stated that he is opposed to rappers getting lead roles in movies because they are unproven actors. However, he has co-starred with rappers such as 50 Cent (Home of The Brave), LL Cool J (S.W.A.T. & Deep Blue Sea), Ice Cube & Xzibit (XXX: State of The Union) and Busta Rhymes (Shaft), as well as R&B singers John Legend (Soul Men) and Ashanti (Coach Carter).
- Lives in Los Angeles.
- Was an admitted drug user until he completed drug rehab two weeks before playing a drug addict in _Jungle Fever (1991)_ (qv).
- While visiting Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in 2003, he stayed at the world-famous Copacabana Palace Hotel.