89 (passed away Jul. 28th, 2004)
May. 26th, 1915
Macon, Georgia, USA
Sam Edwards' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1981 - The Postman Always Rings Twice
1975 - Escape to Witch Mountain
1970 - The Cheyenne Social Club
1969 - Hello, Dolly!
1968 - Bullitt
1963 - The Prize
1955 - Gang Busters
1954 - Witness to Murder
1951 - Flying Leathernecks
1949 - Twelve O'Clock High
1948 - The Street with No Name
1948 - Larceny
1942 - Bambi
1940 - East Side Kids
Guest TV Roles
Mr. Bill Anderson
Sam Edwards grew up in a show business family, having made his debut on stage while he was just a baby (his mother, the actress Edna Park, was holding him). With his family, he acted on radio in "The Adventures of Sunny and Buddy," and on his family's show, "The Edwards Family."
- Worked in radio drama throughout the 1930s and 1940s. He and his brother, sister and parents played themselves in "The Edwards Family," which began in 1937 and ended when Sam was drafted into the Army in 1942
- He has one brother Jack. He also has three step-children.
- American character actor who typically played minor common folk on film and TV.
- He was drafted into the U.S. Army in 1942 and served three years.
- Entertained troops in Africa, Italy, and Asia during his three-year tour of service.
- From a theatrical family, he was the son of stage actress Edna Park
- He was born in Macon, Georgia into a show business family.
- Graduated from Darby elementary school along with actor 'Ossie Beck' (qv)
Related sites for this celeb