Sacha Baron Cohen
Oct. 13th, 1971
London, England, UK
Sacha Baron Cohen's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2011 - Hugo Cabret
2009 - Brüno
2008 - Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
2007 - Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
2006 - Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan
2006 - Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
2005 - Madagascar
2002 - Ali G Indahouse
2000 - The Jolly Boys' Last Stand
Guest TV Roles
Admiral General Aladeen
Larry's Guide #2
Tour Guide (Voiced)
[no bio found]
- Appears on talk shows in character; he has rarely appeared as his real self. Nevertheless, he did appear as himself on the Golden Globe Awards show in 2007, as well as on the NPR radio talk show "Fresh Air" with 'Terry Gross (II)' (qv). He was also asked to appear in character (as Borat) at the Oscars, but refused and went as himself.
- His uncle, 'Simon Baron-Cohen' (qv), is a preeminent psychologist who became famous for his theory that autism is caused by an extreme male brain.
- Gave 2004 Harvard class day address in character as Ali G.
- He is good friends with professional wrestler 'John Cena' (qv).
- He plays three principal characters on _"Da Ali G Show" (2003)_ (qv). The title character is Ali G, a lower-class white male who acts like a Jamaican Londoner and enrages his politically active and powerful guests with stupid questions. Another one is the Kazakhstani TV reporter Borat, who naďvely searches for porn and outlets for his scatological, accidental humor and anti-Semitism. The last one is the superficial Austrian fashion expert Brüno, who often talks up heartless fashionistas and makes macho men uncomfortable with his blatant homosexuality.
- Studied History at Christ's College, Cambridge.
- In contrast to his characters, he is a soft-spoken, gentlemanly Cambridge man who considered pursuing a PhD before going into comedy.
- For Borat, Sacha takes about 6 weeks to grow body, head, and facial hair. For Ali G., the facial hair takes about 4 weeks to grow. When preparing for Brüno, he shaves all of his hair (including body hair), and works out and cleans his body vigorously.