Robin Wright Penn
Apr. 8th, 1966
Dallas, Texas, USA
Robin Wright Penn's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Robin Virginia Wright was born in Dallas, Texas, but grew up in San Diego, California. She started her professional career as a model, both in Paris and Japan. After finishing the high-school she decided to become an actress. She got a role in the daytime series "Santa Barbara" (1984), for which she was nominated three times for an Emmy. Meanwhile, Wright starred in blockbuster hit The Princess Bride (1987), in the title role. Thanks to the success, she got the starring role in Denial (1990) (aka "Loon"), alongside Jason Patric, whom she fell in love with. In 1990, she was in State of Grace (1990), where she met actor Sean Penn (I), by whom she had a daughter, Dylan Frances, and a son, Hopper Jack. In 1991, she was offered the role of Maid Marian in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991), with Kevin Costner. But, on becoming pregnant she backed out. Robin was back to Hollywood with one the best roles of her career: She played Tara in The Playboys (1992). She was extremely stunning and brilliant. Then, she acted in Toys (1992) with Robin Williams (I), and she gave a funny performance. In 1994, Wright was in top grossing Forrest Gump (1994), with Tom Hanks and Sally Field. For her performance as Jenny, she got a nomination for a Golden Globe Award. She got a small role in The Crossing Guard (1995), alongside Jack Nicholson and Anjelica Huston. After turning down 14 projects, she played the title role of MGM/UA upcoming Moll Flanders (1996), directed by Pen Densham. Her co-stars are Morgan Freeman (I) and Stockard Channing. She just started to star in Erin Dignam's Loved (1997), with William Hurt (I). Beautiful and talented, she has been compared to Jessica Lange.
- Has lived with 'Sean Penn (I)' (qv) since 1991.
- Won the title role in _The Princess Bride (1987)_ (qv), while still under contract to the soap _"Santa Barbara" (1984)_ (qv). In order to get sprung from her soap role temporarily, Wright reluctantly agreed to add nine months to her soap contract.
- She started working at 14 as a model both in Paris and Japan.
- Born to Freddie Gayle Wright, a pharmaceutical executive, and his wife Gayle Gaston, an Independent Executive National Sales Director for Mary Kay Cosmetics.
- In _The Princess Bride (1987)_ (qv), she is credited as 'and introducing' (Robin Wright), although that was not her first film.
- She turned down _Batman Forever (1995)_ (qv) and _Sabrina (1995)_ (qv).
- Backed out of the role of Maid Marian in _Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991)_ (qv), with 'Kevin Costner' (qv), upon discovering that she was pregnant with her first child (daughter 'Dylan Penn' (qv)).
- Sister-in-law of 'Chris Penn (I)' (qv), 'Michael Penn (I)' (qv) and 'Aimee Mann' (qv).